App of the Week
Jungle: Educational Game
Reading Comprehension Booster
Boost reading comprehension with this set of interactive tools! Based on the idea of paper bookmarks, each booster encourages the child to record responses, while they are reading, based on a specific reading focus.
Please let the site finish loading before voting. The site has finished loading when the browser tab icon stops spinning. Reload the tab if it's taking too long. Thanks for voting!
Boost reading comprehension with this set of interactive tools! Based on the idea of paper bookmarks, each booster encourages the child to record responses, while they are reading, based on a specific reading focus. No more wondering if your child or student was actually paying attention while s/he was reading!
Booster bookmarks were designed by an expert in the field of differentiated instruction, and are based on essential instructional elements identified in literacy, brain and learning research. Each booster has a variety of interactive options to tap into different ability levels and interests. Users can read or listen to directions, draw, type, drg or record responses, and much more. Children can choose from Characters, Connections, Story Seeds and other bookmarks, or use several simultaneously. Children can easily email their work to a parent or teacher for review and discussion.
– Interactive tools to increase reading engagement and comprehension
- Each bookmark provides cues to prompt thinking
- For beginning readers through early teens
- Allows for multiple users for classrooms sharing iPads
- A range of response options increases accessibility
- Data can be emailed to parents, teachers, RtI specialists, IEP team members